The National Association of Minority Contractors is a national non-profit trade association established in 1969 to serve the advocacy, training, and business development needs of the over 5000 minority contractors in America.
The Central Florida Chapter was established in 2002 as a minority business, trade, educational, and advocacy association to address local issues and opportunities. NAMC Central Florida is approved by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501c(3) non-profit organization.
NAMC Central Florida provides various membership options to accommodate small and minority business owners, major corporate owners, and partners, and government entities. We offer education and training events and opportunities, industry initiatives, networking, and membership meetings to increase the visibility of members’ businesses in the community.
NAMC Central Florida is one of 19 affiliate chapters throughout the United States, in addition to the National Branch. All of the chapters can be used as resources for members of the Central Florida chapter.
To be a leading catalyst for the development of minority construction and related firms through advocacy, education, and training. NAMC Central Florida utilizes the same vision that was established by its founders in 1969. Our leaders employ wide-ranging methods to demolished barriers that hindered minority contractor growth.
- Provide education and training to minority contractors in construction.
- Promote the economic and legal interest of minority contracting firms.
- Advocate law and government actions, which meet the concerns of minority contractors.
- Bring about more equitable and wider procurement and business opportunities for minority contractors.
- Reduce and remove the barriers to full equality, which confront minority contractors.
- Building bridges between minority contractors and those with which they must work.
- Create a forum for sharing information, developing and maintaining the highest professional standards, and mutual support.
Supporting Our Communities
NAMC Central Florida helps its surrounding communities whenever possible and in a number of ways. This continues the legacy and vision of the founders in giving back to the community in the form of education, training, and financial assistance.